The kits are simple to use, intuitive and safe, the test contains no acids, carcinogens or toxic liquids — eliminating any potential risk to the user during testing. SwabTek’s dry-paper technology allows for seamless integration into existing screening procedures in any environment, from airports and stadiums to border crossings and even mailrooms.
Samples may be commercial grade explosives that are generally stabilized as firm wax like solid or in sheet, cord form and in Home Made Explosives (HME) that may be in powder, paste, liquefied or combinations of all three. All samples will vary in color and odor.
EXPLOSIVE GROUPS DETECTED
• Nitroaromatics: TNT, DNT, TNB, DNB, Tetryl
• Nitrates: ANFO, ANIS, ANAL, ANNM, Black-powders, UNIS, NaNO3, KNO3, UreaNO3, AmmoniumNO3
• Nitro-amines: HMX, RDX, SEMTEX, C4, C2 Sheet explosive, DETASHEET, SHOTCORD
• Nitro-esters: NG, PETN, EGDN, Nitrocellulose and Gunshot Residue Analysis
• Oxidizers Peroxides, MEKP, Hydrogen Peroxide, TATP, HMTD, Poor-man’s C4, Chlorates, Bromates